PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2020, 18:14
grizzled

Received 79 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
I'm sure somebody who has been reading the thread will be along to explain shortly.
I like DRUK's clever way of admonishing posters who think they have a worthwhile contribution, hence they take time to compose and post, yet they don't think it's worthwhile to ascertain if anyone else has brought up their idea already. I'm not as patient as DRUK (and likely much grumpier) so here are my comments to those who waste everyone's time.

First, why is it so important for you to post if you don't have time to at least scan the 50 pages (or 75, or 100, or whatever) for the topic you are so keen to post about?

Second – and PLEASE pay attention to this – as soon as you have that flash of inspiration and want to contribute something that may change everyone's life (sorry, I told you I was grumpy...) do this: scroll to the top of the page and click on the "Search this Thread" button. Type in "false glideslope" or "fasting" or "alien control" or whatever words summarize the key notion in your prospective post. Bingo! pprune will magically read all 50 pages for you and instantly tell you if someone else has opined on that subject. If not, go ahead and post. Or not.

For what it’s worth, if you do take the time to pour yourself a cuppa, or a glass of whatever pleases you, and peruse the whole thread, you’ll be surprised how often you learn something new and worthwhile.

Grumpy Grizz