PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here's something to keep you at the edge of your seat
Old 2nd Jun 2020, 13:35
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Uplinker
But, it need not be like that. It should be calm, but positive and a controlled process. It often isn't, and this could be why. A pre-brief immediately before doing it - even simply saying "I am going to go-around around, are you ready?" might help enormously.
Fair call on the choice of words, any manoeuvre on this job should be as mundane as possible. Perfectly in agreement with the second point too, look across seeking eye contact, wink, and let's go not get famous.

My vocabulary is limited and tailored to non-english speaking environment firewall was a shorthand screen language here, to avoid getting type specific. On the A/C we both are familiar with, this works for me: "Three clicks all the way, close the flaps and I read FMA. We check together, adjust NAV, with positive climb - gear up. No talking to ATC before this is finished." (the desire to avoid R/T is region specific, not a rule I consider universally relevant).

You surely noticed, the actual reason for the bolding was the sequence. Leading with thrust, foremost. Especially in the context of this thread.