PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 buyers now circling Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2020, 13:32
"Littlebird"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IBE8720
Is it permissible for the winning bidder to change the name of the airline?

I would be quite certain that the airlines patronage had nothing to do with the name painted on the aircraft.
How is it financially jusitfiable for a new owner to pay million's of dollars a year for naming rights for a business that has rarely ever made a profit?
It makes no sense that Branson keeps getting money for nothing.
Actually, the airlines patronage has a lot to do with the branding. Branding is everything! It's an art in psychology. For example. Imagine McDonalds is sold tomorrow and the new owner renames the business and changes the branding. How do you think the new business will go? Why do you think a sour faced Kardashian or I need to go to the toilet face, Justin Bieber, get paid millions to photograph with a product and the product goes to sell billions? No doubt it's contributed to branding. It plays a big role and Branson knows it.

As far as the business never making a profit goes...You can blame the 'look at my new Maserati' whilst I do the Captain Concordia shuffle for that!
The current CEO Paul, had the airline back on track and trending well before all this Covid business broke out.
L.B

Last edited by "Littlebird"; 2nd Jun 2020 at 13:47.