PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Drones going to replace ag Spraying Aircraft
Old 2nd Jun 2020, 11:24
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by noclue
Genuinely interested in this-having been stood down for a bit now.

I don’t currently hold any qualifications in this field, but I have doubts of the legality of operating multiple drones single handed.

I assume some sort of master drone and slave drones setup. What would the fail safes for such an operation be?
Got me interested as well! Had a bit of a dig around and all the wording seems to revolve around operating "An" RPA so guessing they don't really have anything built in to allow people to easily control multiples which makes sense, there just isn't enough demand for them to warrant the expense of creating new or adjusting current legislation to allow it so anyone wanting to do this would have to apply for a dispensation which I'd dare would be a very costly exercise at the moment.

I'd suspect in the future this will change greatly but I'm very curious as to whether they perhaps just change the wording to maybe "RPA System" so therefore a Platform designed to operate multiple RPAs would be a system which then fairly easily fit into the current requirements as you currently nominate which models/types you're flying so this would fit within current requirements. Ie if you want to operate this then you just submit a variation form declaring the "DJI Agras T16 Multi Drone Platform" as what you want added and the rest really remains much the same. The other way is to make it an entirely extra Category or variation such as BLVOS and such is now.