PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Melbourne Airport gears up as poll reveals people want to travel
Old 2nd Jun 2020, 11:04
Global Aviator

Received 130 Likes on 63 Posts
Couldn’t agree more, people will want to travel.

This talk about driving, yes fantastic if you’re building it into your holiday. If however you going to a destination you don’t want to waste 2/3 days either side!

I also agree that people expecting to fly for next to nothing is not tenable for airlines. Aircraft cost money to put in the sky, pure and simple. Yes cash flow is king and discounted fares are great for this, we all know that every seat is not sold at this ‘sucker’ price. That said airlines will certainly want to entice customers back.

What will schedules be like? As the industry slowly ramps up?

Also remember many people have family living in different corners of the country and around the globe (ok not as much around the globe at present but I would have it a guess still a huge percentage).

The industry will bounce back and I am one of the over positive ones who think it will bounce back a whole lot quicker than many. This is the airlines biggest issue I see. Pilots... currency, sims, etc. It will certainly be a case of the airline with the best management foresight will clean up when the demand increases at a rapid pace.

I’ve been wrong before, I just feel that this time I may just be right!