PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accident Near Mangalore Airport - Possibly 2 Aircraft down
Old 2nd Jun 2020, 08:21
Nomde plume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bodie1
Nomde plume, no, you specifically said that traffic wasn't given. Not that traffic wasn't given on the ground. If that's what you meant how about you construct the sentence accordingly.
The important thing that’s relevant to this accident and class E is that the Seminole would not have been given a clearance on the ground to depart if there was overlying class E. In class G they should’ve been given traffic but they werent.

Paragraphs: for when you have something to say that fits in two or more sentences. Not sure why you’re fighting that battle mate. No one is arguing they never got traffic. Look at my posts earlier in the thread, I said the exact same thing.

I'll say it again, they may NOT have been denied a clearance in Class E if a procedural clearance could have been issued.
So you’re suggesting SIDs and STARs for all of these airports? Great idea. Good luck with that.

I've read the preliminary report, it means 2 tenths of sweet **** all. It has NO information in it that you can construct a cause from. There's nothing to 'uncover' from a preliminary report. In fact I don't know why they're published, it serves no purpose.
You can construct that JQF was first given traffic info no more than 2 minutes before the two aircraft collided. It explicitly states that.

What I want to know is exactly what was said, and where were the two aircraft relative to each other when the calls were made. It would be very easy to construct by comparing the radar data vs ATC tapes.