PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa board reject € 9 Bn rescue plan
Old 1st Jun 2020, 18:53
foxcharliep2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by armagnac2010
Back to the topic, bitte. Ensuring DLH has some minimal competition will actually benefit the flying public flying to and from Germany, mostly German presumably. Not only the ones flying to Ibiza, but also the business people, DLH fares are simply horrendous in business.

Redistributing slots will benefit the general public, ie the taxpayers.

A fair deal, isn’t it?
No it isn't - and maybe you should lay off the Armagnac as it tends to cloud your vision.

LH has always had competition, both out- and inside Germany. No problem with that.

In my 35+ years flying for LH I have never been to Ibiza and only once to Palma. We never made money flying tourists.
Business people are happy to pay a decent price to have a reliable airline fly destinations that they would otherwise not reach like many East European-Ex-Soviet places and other destinations that western airlines do not fly to.

Redistributing slots to airlines like Ryanair and Easyjet will benefit the general public you comment - good joke, next joke, when it is taxpayers like me that subsidize their operations like in Hahn ( yes, that one cow village touted as Frankfurt by Ryanair ). Bad joke.

Not fair at all. Danke.