PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 1st Jun 2020, 08:19
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Rex Havoc
146 -

I never stated that there would be no firings, I was objecting to to the initial posters alarmist claim that 1/3 of Pilots and Cabin crew will be sacked. 1/3 of pilots is approx 1350, and I don't see that it will be that high. I was also protesting the validity of the source of this initial rumour.

My heart goes out to the affected colleagues, I have been at 2 former airlines that went bankrupt,(both operating 146s coincidently) it is a terrible terrible time.
Don't worry REX, most understood what you meant.

Sad day for ground staff in Australia. This virus is ruining more lives of the healthy than those of the sick.

Now is the time to stick together and look after each other. The only thing different between those losing a job and those that didn't is a date of joining at the moment.

Rumour has it the last of the cabin crew will hear about there fate today. They have been told they can be rehired when things improve.

Let's hope we get some type of communication from the company soon.

PS. The number of pilots with contracts terminated is not as high as the numbers posted several posts above. The news is bad enough without making stuff up. Let's just stick with facts. They are incredibly hard to come by when fleet etc have gone silent.

Do we still have chief pilots etc? If a line pilot displayed the communication skills of the Muppets they would be sent away for retraining.