PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2020, 10:31
mohikan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by normanton
I still don't agree with you. You are talking LH only - this is not a LH only issue. At no point during EBA negotiations / voting was International planned to be at 1% and domestic at 5%. Realistically the pre-COVID 19 network are both operating at 0% without the government funding.

Your argument is valid, but Qantas have an army of lawyers who would rip it apart in FW. Don't forget who we work for here. An opportunity like this is once in a lifetime, and Allan will take full advantage of it.

Ask the contractors building the new sim training building how a signed contract worked out for them. Again, never one to waste an opportunity.
Heres the point you don't get Normanton.

During the LHEA debate you abused and threatened anyone senior to you on this forum and elsewhere. But in fact if you had bothered to speak to the F/Os and Captains you fly with you would have realised the EA vote was always going to get up. Therefore, you didn't need to make the threats and deliver the abuse you did.

The bulk of the QF pilot voting 'public' always does the common sense and pragmatic thing. Has the last 30 years I have been with the company. Yes there are many folks who are vocal on Qrewroom and elsewhere, but you have to look beyond that.

Skysook talks about burning bridges. Thats the situation you have placed yourself in. The guys I fly with (like #londonbound) think that because they have been S/Os for six months or so they have nothing to learn and in fact are smarter and more experienced then the F/O and Captain.

I know for a fact no-one goes sick on me on the 787 because I never say a word to anyone about performance or knowledge. Even when the S/Os turn up not prepared, hungover and disinterested or start lecturing me on how to fly the aircraft. I let it all go because I know there is no point. I get to LHR, shrug my shoulders and move on.

But now the situation is that Normanton and others want the contract they so vigorously championed three months ago changed because it potentially doesn't suit them. But I am reasonably sure that given your previous behaviour not many of the pilots senior to you, even the silent sensible majority, have any sympathy for you.

Last time this situation happened I took half lines, gave up leave and look LWOP to help the group. I did this because the guys I worked with were team players and I knew that if the situation was reversed they would do same for me. But with you, Normanton, people know that if the situation was reversed you would not support us, and in fact would do everything possible to feather you own nest at the expense of your fellow pilots.

At least you have the RAAF to go back to. Most guys don't. Count yourself lucky

Last edited by mohikan; 31st May 2020 at 11:23.