PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piggyback PPL question
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2020, 00:29
LTCTerry

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I contacted the OP via PM and gave him the names of two places I know from personal experience will rent their twins to low time pilots - with renters' insurance.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer. As a pilot I want to see other pilots succeed. Based on what Banana Joe has said, he has nothing that allows him to fly a multiengine airplane solo. Perhaps he has taken taken a checkride in something that lets him fly a Seneca, Duchess, Seminole, Twin Comanche, etc solo.

If Banana Joe is currently allowed to log PIC in a MEP under EASA rules, he could simply have someone keep him company who happens to be an instructor and he just fills out his own log book as PIC. Problem solved.

If he's a reasonably current pilot, he can get the FAA ME rating added to his 61.75 certificate in about five hours. After that everything could be PIC with a knowledgeable passenger... Problem solved for just a bit more money. (I had suggested the ratings as a way to get independent FAA credentials instead of just logging flight time.)