PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy Jet job cuts
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2020, 15:01
Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2p worth.
I remember 9/11, I remember it well. Flying stopped and everyone was terrified. Video conferencing was the new norm and getting on an aeroplane for leisure was too risky. Demand dried up. Then companies noticed that sales were slow and face to face contact was quite important to do business. Video conferencing faded and we returned to business travel like before and more. Leisure? Too scary unless it's £9.99 a seat then suddenly safety concerns fade and we slowly discover that it isn't that dangerous, partly because of new security measures and partly because the risk is lower than we first think. We returned to leisure travel like before and more.
So when we slowly get back in the air and it looks safe, partly because we have taken precautions and partly because the risk is probably lower than we first think then we'll forget the scare stories and get out there. It might take a month or so of £9.99 tickets but we'll get out there.

I reckon it's not an if but a when.

As for our employment terms, they're pretty s**te already. If they offer £50K to captain 250 tonnes of 550mph craft without a lay-by or traffic light in sight then I'd go and drive a train for £67k. Or ask my 911 driving IFA how difficult his exams are. just sayin'