PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 29th May 2020, 23:06
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M.Mouse , could you state, for the record, which sections of the work force are NOT being affected by this situation? I have tried to find out for myself but from Flight/Cabin Crew to Contact Centres, Engineering, Check In etc all seem to be affected.
Everyone is being affected but not everyone is having a new contract forced upon them, pilots are one group.

The group which I know for certain are being hit hard, and in a totally immoral way, is legacy cabin crew. The rumours, exaggerated information and plain rubbish being publicised is, in my view, harming their cause. I have several very good friends who are legacy cabin crew. One couple are worried sick that their income is going to be cut by a very large percentage if and when they are offered the 'take it or leave it' new contract.

It is arguable that the legacy crew have had it very good for a long time but with the advent of MF after the last disastrous cabin crew strike (where UNITE were treating the return of staff travel to strikers as if it was some sort of victory!) the legacy crew were disappearing through natural wastage. What BA is intent on doing now is ridding themselves of the remaining legacy crew. It is immoral and wrong.

UNITE are a disgraceful waste of space. They could not negotiate their way out of a paper bag. Every dispute in the past years that I can remember has been an utter disaster for cabin crew. Their current lack of performance would indicate that not much has changed.