PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 27th May 2020, 14:43
Jwscud

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bex88
All I can say is it is complete BS if any captain goes based on fleet and seat. I know it becomes more difficult where we may or may not see fleets removed. When I passed my command course there were some who failed....twice. They now sit RHS on the fleet. Under the proposed fleet and seat they would be safe..
Its just one of those things. There are a number of anomalies created by seniority. I agree that Cat C pilots who have failed multiple shots at their command then sitting at the top of their copilot list is frustrating, but we all knew the system we were signing up for was based on seniority and I accept it as the core principle behind our treatment.

Recruitment has created similar quirks, like a number of Airbus captains being junior to the BA cadet copilots they fly with. Them’s the breaks. I have no idea what BA actually want but have faith in BALPA to get the best they can. Even if I didn’t I don’t have any control over it so I should by rights just wait for the box to open and see if the cat is alive or dead. I don’t have the patience for that in the current strained times so I come on here to read what everyone else thinks and share a moan. It helps!

I would be finding this whole business a damn sight easier if I could have this argument over a beer downroute somewhere!