PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2020, 14:10
valefan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by helipixman
My TUI holiday is still showing as going ahead to Greece in late June ! The Greek government are stating they do not want any UK tourists until further notice, they are not accepting any international flights until 1st July! The FCO are still advising against all non essential travel. So three reasons we cannot go, but TUI still have not cancelled our holiday or been in touch !

What are they hoping, the Greek Government or the FCO change their advice ? Or they want us to cancel without a refund ? I will wait it out and go next year and use my voucher if I ever get it !!!
Yes I guess they would be, FCO advise may lift at any point before then (Germany for instance announced they are lifting theirs) and the Greeks from what I read are reviewing the list weekly, by mid June we may be down to low enough levels for them to say come in by July and an air bridge set up.

I did read something about July 15th in the telegraph article for higher risk countries to Greece which would be a bit of a pain as I am due to land in Kos late on the 14th!

Things may well look very different in terms of our position come July 1st if the rates keep dropping as they are at the minute.