PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2020, 23:54
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Well, none of the Reps I’ve spoken to have heard anything along these lines so I’d suggest it’s come from an individual speculating, or perhaps someone with a close contact in exec who leaked a long term strategy. To my knowledge, there have been no recent union meetings with the Exec as they’re still working with CC and Engineers.

The timing is also suspicious. The inks barely dried on the AFFA, which combined with other voluntary measures, saved 91 jobs. As I said above, I’d suggest the Co. would be walking a very tight legal line to announce 100 redundancies on the back of signing agreements that spared 100 jobs.

Will there be a round 2? Possibly, but I’ll be extremely surprised if it happens so soon.
Again, that would be mostly Airbus FO’s and we haven’t even started to replace those already made redundant.

I could be wrong, time will tell, but I’ll be campaigning to throw the AFFA in the bin if the company do a bait and switch on us.

Lastly, while the down training appears absurd, the company refused voluntary offers from 40+ 777 Captains as it was too expensive and instead offered them a “bonus” to take early retirement, which most rejected.