PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2020, 22:55
valefan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by helipixman
Yes it is allowed in England but its a very rapid way of transmitting it to other areas if you are in the incubation period and do not know you have it ? Many flights I have seen are not local and a landing away from its home base ? What I am saying is, it did not take long for the skies to be swarming, does not seem to be a cautious approach ? Just look at the pictures of the beaches this weekend, have people given up social distancing in England ????
The beach pictures are not always as they seem, went Hunstanton yesterday fairly busy but people were all being cautious and bathing two metres or more apart, and as long as you do that there should be little risk. Some of the photos look bad but are usually taken at a low angle making it look less distanced than it actually is, if you GA fly but keep a distance there should be no issue really. Viruses don’t tend to be a big deal outdoors on hot sunny days, it’s the indoor issues you need to watch out for.

No sign of any second waves yet anywhere, including ones who’ve eased lockdowns earlier than England/U.K. and deaths and hospital admissions are down so plenty to be positive about but still need to guard against complacency.

In terms of air travel the EU/U.K./Iceland/Swiss/Norway need to come together and see how best to open up whilst protecting against countries well behind Europe such as Russia and Brazil and hopefully if the majority now more educated in what this pandemic involves use common sense hopefully we never see the second spike. If it does I don’t expect it will be until November time so hopefully will buy some
time if it does rear up to get vaccines/treatments.