PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2020, 18:10
Dan_Brown

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NWA SLF
Without speculation where is the shared knowledge, the brainstorming, the "I never in the world would have thought of that", the fodder for some crazy movie? Would not one expect that engineers designing the next generation would be reading all of the speculative ideas which then might enter the FMEAs of the next gen? The master button that will light up indicating the airplane thinks you are doing something stupid, are you sure you want to do this knowing that I (the plane) think your actions may cause a crash? Press here to continue your foolish action for which you assume total responsibility.
Maybe time to get rid of the pilots. Or keep them in the cockpit but just monitor, or intervene when the automatics fail.

With the degree of automation in aircraft these days, coupled/interfaced with automatics minded pilots, i doubt this accident would have happened if it was left totally to the automatics. Put another way, the humans interfered and screwed it up, for reasons we are not aware.

Man is fast becoming the weak link. We all know we are not going to elimate human error. I'm a dinosaur but even i can see what's happening and what the trend is.