PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Real Threat
Thread: The Real Threat
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2020, 05:30
AllWobbly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mngmt mole
Sam. I agree that it "was" a rising power up to this point i history. I suspect it's rise is now at an end. "Rising" should mean a country that contributes to the worlds net improvement. England was a rising power in the past several hundred years, contributing greatly to the worlds benefit (law, language and science), America over the past two hundred (industry, economics, stability) and other mainly western powers, and some notable asian successes such as Singapore and Hong Kong. However, I believe China's turn towards abject tyranny has now ended their "rise". Now, the world as a whole has begun to coldly evaluate China's behaviour and their nature. They don't like what they see. The ingrained racism of the Han chinese (they generally care for nothing other than their own race and culture), their propensity to coerce, blackmail, steal and threaten has reached a point where the industrialised west recognises they have to strongly resist and thwart China's aims and goals. That is why I believe China's rise is at an end. They are ultimately a mortal danger to the world order, and no responsible western country can allow them to continue to influence and threaten their societies. Time will tell, but I suspect China's opportunity to become a responsible and valued member of the world order is at an end. My 2p worth.
One could argue a large part of the world dislikes American hegemony. TheIr history post WW2 is littered with failed and unethical ventures.

The theme is pretty consistent from the bay of pigs, vietnam, central and s america, a trashed middle east and a long and pretty much futile campaign in afghanistan mostly in the name of democracy.