PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Ab Initio Cadet programs that initially cover fees like Cathay?
Old 25th May 2020, 22:32
Climb150

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by FrankieP21
I've been trying to get into Cathay's program for a few years now, I went for their testing twice in HK and failed but I'm still very committed to getting into a cadet program.

I know it wasn't the most attractive program to many but I was ready to grind for those first few years and commit to living in Hong Kong. In light of recent events, I'm obviously not as keen on Cathay's program as I was.
I'm new to this forum so please don't roast me for not knowing as much as I should, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent airlines or academies that were willing to make this investment and allow you to pay off some of the fees in the first few years of employment?

I live in Australia, 24, very little savings, didn't finish my degree. Still open to trying for an army program if they'll take me.
I'd absolutely love to get into a great program but if I don't find anything like this within the next year I'll probably study nursing on student loans which will put my aviation dreams on hold at least until my 30's.

Again, please no snark or roasting. Thanks.
Frankie,

If you have failed selection twice, maybe you aren't cut out for it?

As another poster said, maybe pursue a different career.