PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 25th May 2020, 12:33
5711N0205W
CH3CH2OH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fact Check

“On 15th June, I will be made redundant from my job after 23 years of loyal service. Redundancy notices are to be issued to 43,000 of my colleagues: the entire workforce. Yep, you heard right!

31,000 "lucky" former employees will then be offered re-employement on a far inferior contract that the company has wanted to enforce since 2010. For me, this would represent a 60% pay cut. Again, you heard right!

This is to be accompanied by an increase in productivity of 25%, not to mention far inferior T&Cs and, basically, a zero-hours contract.

All of this is with a backdrop of our CEO's bonus of £3.2 million in March this year; he’s been paid £33 million over the last 9 years. For the financial year '19/'20, the company I work for made a near record-breaking operating profit of £1.9 billion. I received no monetary bonus; not a penny.

The company I work for has the biggest cash reserves of any airline on this planet: £9 billion. During this "fight for survival", the company I work for is in the process of spending £1billion buying another airline”.
I picked this up on LinkedIn, is this factually correct?