PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JobKeeper and Aviation employees in Oz.
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2020, 11:06
down3gr33ns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q: yes or no, do you believe the earmarked (initial $130BN) money in any way, or at any time, has to be repaid?
Yes. I’ve never denied, suggested (or even alluded) that it hasn't to be repaid HOWEVER, had the treasury predictions been remotely accurate and the money actually required, then I doubt you’d even be discussing this. They were prepared to support 6 million workers and with the estimated $$$’s it took. They’ve done neither despite their bleatings and now appear mean-spirited.

Now, galdian, I’ve answered your question but I see you’ve artfully avoided answering mine in post number 10. I think that puts your answer squarely in the affirmative.

As for “go out and have a big night at the pub etc.", what an immature, hysterical, trivialising and jingoistic catch phrase. You would appear to believe that those who work for an Australian employer and getting JobKeeper can “go to the pub“ (aka have some security and a semblance of an income) but those whose employers have a foreign basis are excluded and cannot do the same. Now, that’s equitable – NOT.

How do you rationalise the standing down of many thousands without any support whatsoever whilst others doing the same job for another local employer are getting government support? Indeed, there are many still working to various degrees and it is effectively the company getting the benefit via the government wage subsidy. Meanwhile, there are plenty getting NOTHING.