PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JobKeeper and Aviation employees in Oz.
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2020, 23:53
down3gr33ns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would everyone prefer that the government took the time to do a full costing and analysis of who gets it and who doesn’t before initiating the scheme? .
I would, for one. Then all the people who should have got it, would have. Otherwise, implementing it as an emergency measure should have seen immediate and ongoing reviews to fix the shortcomings as they emerged.

Now, instead of seeing that those who wrongly, in my opinion, missed out finally get JobKeeper, the government is claiming the reduced amount as a win. They were prepared to fund it, and would have if the treasury estimates hadn't been so wrong, so why not do the right thing by those Australian paid staff currently excluded. Or, as a consistent alternative, no longer require them to pay Australian tax given the foreign involvement of their employer.

Will they be prevented from getting the pension when the time comes because they worked for a business that had foreign ownership component? I think not so why the disqualification now?

Incidentally, I wrote about this to Fydenburg (as my local member) where his website sates he reads all emails and replies to them. I'm still waiting despite it being three weeks ago.

p.s. dragon man, can you re-post the article as the right-hand edge has been clipped and text is missing. Otherwise, what is the link, please?

Last edited by down3gr33ns; 24th May 2020 at 23:59. Reason: added the p.s.