PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stealth UH60(?) used in OBL raid...
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2020, 22:53
tartare

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by LowObservable
I could tell you, but then I'd have to use a horrible old cliche from a movie about shirtless male beach volleyball that had some airplanes in it.

What I learned over many years is that the Gummint is very good at keeping certain things secret. Also, given the rather large piles of cash that have gone into such things, compared to the visible results we have seen, either something else was produced that we don't know about or somebody's got some splainin to do about where the **** that money went.
Indeed.
One fact remains.
That tail-rotor, stabilator and the colour of them wasn't like anything in the current inventory at all.
The tail rotor boss was clearly aimed at reducing radar reflectivity - anyone seen anything like that on a helicopter before?
And the photo wasn't a fake.
As Gums points out - many, many people knew something was going on at Tonapah quite early in the piece.
But images of the F-117 didn't make it into the media for a long time.
And today - we all know there's something called the B-21 being built - the iron bird's been finished for a while.
But can anyone yet show me a real photo of it yet?
I have no doubt that there is some kind of LO Blackhawk or something similar - albeit in very small numbers...