PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to RAF
Thread: BA to RAF
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2020, 18:09
Chugalug2

Received 229 Likes on 72 Posts
All very amusing I'm sure and may I join in congratulating everyone as well on such an excellent wheeze, but is that it? Why is my claim that RAF cabin crew are just as much aircrew as their civilian counterparts so risible? I would hope that all RAF aircrew that operate with cabin crew at least view them as fully integrated members of the crew and would have no objections to acknowledging them as aircrew should the RAF deem them to be so. Might I suggest that objection to that, raised here and in other threads, is one of semantics? Existing RAF aircrew who wear their appropriate 'brevets' (frankly my damn I don't give a dear!) with understandable pride have had to pass demanding courses in order to do so. Again understandably they object to the thought that cabin crew might share that nomenclature without having to pass such courses. The trouble is that the term aircrew is a generic term meaning simply those who are trained to crew an aircraft, including its cabin crew! Perhaps the term Flight Crew (or whatever) could be applied to those who have passed the aforementioned courses to differentiate them from aircrew who have not? I'm not much interested in badges (despite attempts to portray me as fixated by them), all I ask is that RAF cabin crew be acknowledged as aircrew and not as a flying ground trade as they are now.