PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2020, 15:54
helipixman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Countries are going for the tit for tat approach at the moment, you want us to isolate for 14 days so will you ! This will stop business trips how does a businessman for example do a day troip to France if they have to isolate for 14 days or are countries going to break their own rules ?

Excuse me if I am being thick ! If it comes down to the R rate ! at which the government says its between 0.7 and 1 -- (this is the number of people a person with Covid 19 passes it onto !) Yes you can pass it onto 1 person or at worst more, but how do you pass it onto 0.7 of a person (3/4 of a person) So surely the rate has always got to be 1 or above ?

Equally it was amazing how just before the deadline for 100,000 tests the figures said it was acheived, and again 200,000 by the end of May and the figures suddenly go up again ? Are we being told the truth or just like the Cummings case the gov is just doing what they want and telling us anything.

See rumours that various airlines including TUI were expecting to fly to Spain in mid June (guess that wont happen now). Greece do not want UK tourists, I live in Scotland an area with low cases compared to the rest of the UK and was going to a Greek island a place with almost no cases ! But because we are in the UK and the flight was from Manchester also not allowed. Basically all of this is irrelevant considering the FCO is still advising no non essential travel.