PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2020, 01:54
Havingwings4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Superpilot
This annoys the heck out of me too. I've seen it on the line way too many times. Trigger happy PMs (in both seats), who are more concerned about going through the song/dance than looking for the real cues. Training for positive rate/climb identification is based on teaching pilots to recognise a positive V/S trend and increasing RA. You can both of those parameters (momentarily) without engine power. The FMA for a go around and dealing with the lack of it is way more important than raising the landing gear.
Agree very much, except the 'annoy' part. I cannot stress enuff how important it is to check the FMA AND Commanded thrust setting/throttle position during the initial GA phase. I learned this the hard way(on the A320 as a very junior cap)during a GA in a downburst/windshear and 0 vis just b4 the flare, the co forgot to advance the throttles and I initially missed it, but few seconds later realized we weren't accelerating and climbing, I slammed the throttles pretty much into the firewall...we are all human