PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2020, 01:34
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joejosh999
I meant does it show wheels were never down? Or merely that they never got weight? I.e. they were down, never landed, and upon TOGA were retracted (early) thus scuffing both engines and gear doors?
It does mean they never got weight on the wheels as you say. I don't think the gear doors were scuffed from the photos I've seen.

I agree that you really have to work hard to ignore visual and aural warnings in a modern airliner. But history has shown time and time again that some folks work really hard at it.

Originally Posted by clark y
Need to see the whole approach data. The first 2 lines of Airbubba's data- 800' to 475' in 11 seconds appears unstable though not enough data to prove it.
The FlightRadar24 data for PK8303 is in this .csv file:

https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/w...nular_data.csv

It will open with most spreadsheet programs like Excel or Google Sheets.

DaveReidUK posted a quick plot of the altitude data earlier in this thread, no positions were included in this granular .csv file.

Here's the altitude plot from FR24:

Here's another section of the tabular data from the .csv file:

As you can see, PK8303 sent the uncorrected baro altitude of 2450 feet at 09:32:54Z. From the previously posted go around data they transmitted 275 feet at 09:34:26Z. They descended 2475 feet in 92 seconds on the final segment, about 1400 fpm, a little fast for stable approach criteria at most places.

This .csv file has data merged from multiple receivers and the data packets may be received more than once so many of the altitudes are duplicated and do not necessarily indicate a level off.

Last edited by Airbubba; 24th May 2020 at 02:26.