PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2020, 21:49
voiceinurheadset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Bluffontheriver123;10790640]This video nails it pretty well.

3500’ at 5nm (over 2x the normal path), overspeed warning on recording, pod strike in the pictures and ATC mention “a belly up landing”.

Looks like high energy unstable approach, leading to a crash landing bounce, go-around into the circuit. Essentially crashed the jet then tried to fly it.
Hi all

I would like to throw my 2 cents on the video recording which I must say is a very nicely made one . m an atc

at a time 2:25

C: you have to be turning left

P: we are proceeding direct we lost both engines

C: confirm belly lending

My opinion . It indicates To me that a controller didn’t quite understand the message that pilot transmitted and he was clarifying the message itself it does not mean that the controller was expecting or was aware of belly landing from the pilots and he was just digesting the transmitted message and not contemplating a belly landing itself. But both engines sound similar to belly landing . Add stress and distortions.
The second thing that came into my mind is that just on the climb upon going around there is no unusual messages from the ATC it’s quite obvious that if there was something happening the controller must have seen it and informed the pilot immediately let’s say if they saw them having gear issues and scratching the runway they should have immediately informed the pilot. Theres so many reports of marks on RW and people seeing first attempted landing with no gear m really surprised theres no mention of anything from ATC side . Triggers tons of questions.

The third thing is that if they had some problems with the gear just before the first landing attempt they should have also informed the controller about it and that would have triggered alerting certain services to a local standby/ emergency immediately as gear problems on the runway can result in very many unpleasant things for everybody so it’s never taken casually by an ATC. But that again might depend on the part of the world .
Looks like they are quite reserved in RT over there i have million questions as for ATC -pilot interaction, phraseology and all, not to mention a gear up 3500’ 5 mile thing...quite nasty .

Last edited by voiceinurheadset; 23rd May 2020 at 22:37.