PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2020, 15:07
mike current

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
How much would you bet on that? Would you book a holiday for July with the possibility of having to self isolate for 14 days on return?

The arguement for not having quarantine earlier is that the level of infection in the population was so high that the amount imported made little difference and the greater good was allowing people to repatriate. Once the general level of infection becomes low enough, the possibility of a 'second wave' due to imported infection becomes significant and so needs to be controlled.
What is the argument for quarantining travel from countries with less infections than the UK?
What is stopping the 'second wave' from being caused by domestic travel and public transport in the UK?
We have more new infections in the UK than Italy and Spain combined. So how is travel from Europe a higher risk than, say, the London underground?

To answer your question. I am not betting on it and I'm certainly not booking any July travel, but I am keeping an open mind to potential last minute openings.