PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2020, 09:41
CanadianAirbusPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very sad situation.

I have a fair bit of time in various Airbus including the A320... it would be absolutely impossible to fly an approach and unintentionally land gear up. Only scenario I can come up with for the pod strikes is a bounce landing, get extremely slow call for a regular go around despite being in a low energy state have PM raise the gear. Unlike the Boeing there isn’t really any trap with TOGA on a A320. You push it until the stop. So now buddy raises the gear, but you’re slow and power was at idle, so takes some time to spool up and you run out of energy and bang! Thankfully the EK accident they stayed on the runway... here they took it into the air again... that’s the only plausible explanation for this I have.

Also a very steep and fast approach may have been why we had a bounce on the first attempt. Don’t know much about PIA but I think most CPs would want to have tea no biscuits if you tried to land after an approach like that, if the altitude and distance you guys are mentioning are accurate.