PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas mainline brings 717’s in house
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2020, 06:47
Left 270

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jacks Cactus
Had the misfortune to fly on one of these sh1tboxes from CNS to BNE earlier this year. They are an embarrassment to Qantas. Walked out to a dirty, smelly antiquated piece of crap, and paid a premium price for it. Meanwhile, next bay across is a shiny new Virgin 738, operating the same route. Less money, waaaay better product.

There is no IFE. Wifi was unuseable. The service in economy was a small packet of biccies and a coffee that was best described as vile. Served by a sullen FA who wanted to be anywhere but where she was. At least it was on time and we made it alive.

This is a terrible product, for which Qantas should be ashamed. I've seen far better in mainland USA, and their product is awful too! My only thought is that they bought it for a fire sale price, or its April fools day. They're the only two possibilities.
I pax regularly in the 71, as with most other offerings.
71 is quiet up the front, IFE is via your own device, doesn’t have WIFI, it’s more roomy, better seating and I’d be very surprised to hear that you preferred the cabin service from the QF 73s.