PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - controllers with broken english
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2003, 05:20
Maverfic

Not sure about Dan Air being Pilot error, or at least the version of events I was shown. Again it's the classic error chain leading to the scene of the accident.

Anyone who's ever been on a flight deck when the controller utters a complete string of incomprehensibility preceeded by your callsign knows the sinking feeling you get when you look across at the other bloke and know he didn't understand a word of it either.

With all the approach paraphenalia to be done at the same time it's not something you could call helpful.

Controllers (even some on this thread) get the same thing from foreign pilots, and I'm sure that some of the controllers I talk to around and about are cursing me for not being able to talk French/Spanish/Italian/Turkish/German/Urdu.

The greatest respect to all multilinguists but I apologise for not having the time to learn the language everywhere i go. And that includes Birmingham.

My final point; Mathematically it's simpler to all learn 0ne language and stick to it rather than everyone learn everyone else's language.