PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a pilot After COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2020, 19:53
squidie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trickies
Hello,

Hope all are keeping well.

Despite our current extraordinary circumstances. I have been looking into two integrated flight training courses. Those being FTE Jerez and also L3 Harris.
Any information on them? I have read about L3 having a few issues.

What is the general thoughts on going modular, is that more suitable with the issues in the industry?

I am fully aware that the industry is currently in turmoil... would that encourage the modular route being the better?

Thank you
Modular course right now just depends on what your local FTOs offer; it’s definitely the safest approach to flight training. I’d spread it out over a few years, PPL then CPL and re-evaluate before going for MCC/IR etc. With a modular course you can at least put the brake on training if you feel you’re not heading in the right direction for whatever reason.

I have the money myself sat in a bank account and a well paid job so I would suite a modular course better anyway. But I wouldn’t dream of doing an integrated course over the next several years. The risk of financial loss due to upfront costs and lack of jobs plus security mostly.

The industry will recover but we are in no sensible position to predict it any further than what the airline boards have already, which were based on Q1 and partial Q2 figures.