PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has Anyone Flown Commercially Lately?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2020, 09:35
Mr Mac

Received 168 Likes on 103 Posts
Edi local
Do not get hung up on video conferencing, and even working from home. Currently there are limited options but when the option is available you find face to face meetings come back. I have seen this happen post 9/11 and in HK post SARS. Yes it takes time, but we are human not machines, and yes this has had a bigger impact world wide than those two events. However I have used video conferencing since the late 80,s and I have been told I am quite good at this, but I still have been asked to clock up many a thousand mile to see people and projects in person. Also I have flown on a regular basis over the last 3 months in Europe, and would say that the A/C are now starting to get fuller as various countries ease their lock down. Do not be so quick to write things off, humans are quite adaptable.

As for the working from home this may be more of an option for some, and indeed there maybe a balance of so many office days re working from home days. I would point out that from my own experience, and that of my staff, that we have found that if anything WFH leads to longer working days, as people either start very early with others working later, and some doing both. In this regard it maybe not quite so good for people, though admittedly the commute is far shorter, but I am unsure if it is healthier for the individuals involved. As a business we have many individuals and teams working world wide on their own, and we are discussing implementing some form of limiting the hours people are on line, as a monitor of some individuals on line work is showing some extremely long hours being worked and we are concerned about this. It is a balancing act.

Kind regards
Mr Mac