PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas mainline brings 717’s in house
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2020, 09:23
Lapon

Received 113 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by LostWanderer
That is what I was wondering about, is there some assurance that the 717s won’t be flown by the stood down and potentially redundant mainline drivers of soon to be retired or long grounded fleets? None of the articles seem to be very clear on what sort of “entity” will actually fly them in the future.

As you alluded to, I can’t imagine it will be sunshine and rainbows at QF when the senior mainline guys who could be out of a job are given marching orders and the new kids on the block start getting paid those Qantas dollars. But unprecedented times are upon us so anything is possible at this stage, hopefully no one gets shafted here. I’d be assuming a totally seperate company within the group on a seperate seniority list is the only option to keep the operation cheap and the wages down.
The articles are pretty clear it's the existing 717 crews. Common sense would back that up incase you were wondering whether QF would get rid of a bunch of trained crews to do what..... train new ones all over again?
NJS have thier own EBA and operate as a subsidiary, there is no ability to have people move in displace anyone.
Playing the subsidiaries against each other is also going to be no different to the past, infact Cobham 717 crews did pretty well out of thier last EBA.
In one guise or another NJS has been working for Qantas for about as long as Qantas have operated 737s so no need for panic.

Last edited by Lapon; 21st May 2020 at 09:39.