PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2020, 11:22
Mr Mac

Received 168 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1
I can see the Government’s strategy of turning the people against the teachers ably and keenly supported by a certain section of the press has had the desired effect on the above two.

What evidence is there teachers will be at the front of the queue for a couple of weeks at the Costas? Not sure where to start with that one other than anecdotal evidence from people young and older I know who take other types of holiday. But that’s not the point here.

As for the furlough comment - believe it or not most are still working - setting work, marking, being in school...some are out delivering the free school meals. Before you bang on about Denmark we’re in a very different place.
Airport Planner 1
Believe it or not as I am based in Germany and the UK I do not read the UK press much, apart from usually getting Sunday Times and watching BBC World. My comment was based on the obvious case that the schools are closed as is much of UK PLC, though there is now some signs of a return to work. The schools I have driven passed over the last period when I have been in the UK, had few if any cars in their respective car parks and appeared to be largely closed hence my comment. Out of the 4 local schools close to our UK house 3 are shut and apparently there are 23 children attending the one that is open, and this according to the caretaker who walks his dog past our house each evening. There must be some govt figures for the numbers working somewhere which would be interesting to see.

The comment on the Costas was not directed at teachers parse, but on the group of individuals alluded to by AT Notts in his previous post.

My comment on the Denmark video was that it was heartwarming, and that the teachers / headmaster and parents not to mention the kids seemed to have a good handle on what was required. I hope that UK schools staff and parents and indeed the children handle it as well. I would recommend you watch it, if you have not already done so.
Kind regards
Mr Mac