PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From unemployed airline pilot to GA flying instructor.
Old 19th May 2020, 15:45
VH DSJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
So , with respect, after years of your colleagues hanging crap on GA, you now decide to give us the benefit of your expertise? I’m not impressed. Exactly what relevance to VFR stick and rudder flying is airline experience? Can we talk about spin training in a B787 versus a Cessna 172? Stalling behaviour and recovery of an Airbus versus a Cirrus?

Exactly what relevance has airline flying got to do with aGA or recreational flying? We already know how to follow the magenta line.

I believe Airbus actually advised the reverse - airline pilots need stick and rudder skills.

‘’To put that another way, your colleagues have been talking down to us for years (Capt. Bloggs) and now you want to join us? I know there are some airline pilots with a passion for small stuff, but really!
Don't forget there are many airline pilots who previously have thousands of hours in GA, some of which are dual given hours as flights instructors.