PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PACKAGE TRAVEL REFUNDS-What is theTruth?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2020, 12:25
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
An Australian "businessman" Glen Moroney, allegedly owns a TA called Scenic Luxury Cruises and Tours. They appear to be big in Aus and were growing in the UK. In the UK they have 2 brands - Scenic and Emerald.

Emerald cancelled my holiday (BA flight, transfers, and cruise) on 13th May. I found out by visiting their website - no such thing as a phone call or e-mail. Later they sent me an email, saying that they had "suspended" our holiday, and that in a week or so they would write with a Voucher for future use.

I do not want a voucher, I want my cash back. They have had my money since December.

I rang them, quite a few times, and eventually was put in a queue. Like BA, their phones just cut you off. From the queue when I was eventually allowed in to the queue, , I spoke to a Customer Service lady who was quite delightful, but she said she was not authorised to issue refunds, only vouchers.

I was very clear that I wanted my money back.

I asked for the number that I could call to speak to someone about refunds. She said she was not authorised to give out that number. She gave me an email instead. She said that I would be very lucky to hear from them within 11 days. I pointed out the UK legal position about 14 days.

I sent them an e-mail on 14th May. It is now 19th, and they have not even acknowledged receipt of my e-mail.
I am waiting for 28th May, when I will contact Amex for a Section 75. Amex are just so much better than TAs!!