PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has Anyone Flown Commercially Lately?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2020, 20:38
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpringHeeledJack
To the best of my knowledge, the UK have been the only country to do NO checks on incoming passengers since the epidemic/pandemic was declared. It is most puzzling as to why they felt it was unnecessary to do at least a rudimentary control. I took several flights at the end of March and was checked all the way through until arriving at at LHR to nothing. Zero. Zilch.
They weren't even asking people where they had come from or giving out leaflets. At EDI at the same time there was a few monitors showing what to do if you had symptoms and had returned from certain hotspot areas, but again, no enforcement or checking anyone had actually been anywhere. I remember calling the NHS helpline when I got back from SE Asia just to see if I had misunderstood the lackluster rules and if I had to actually do something but no, just tell them if I felt ill...by which time I could have spread it, although I was already keeping my distance from others to be on the safe side.

I think perhaps Belarus was doing very little, if anything as well, so we were in good company!