PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS - The Political Farce Continued (Thread 5)
Old 24th Nov 2003, 22:58
Clothears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snarek,

Sorry, sport, but you may be surprised to learn that you don't really know everything there is to know about flying, air traffic services, or the aviation industry in general. Don't get me wrong - after 23 years in this game in stations providing ATS over about two thirds of the continent in total (and a bit of recreational flying in between) I still learn something every day.

More to the point,however, your intemperate and frequently provocative manner in this forum does you no credit, and reflects poorly on the board of an organisation which claims to represent about one tenth of the active pilots in Australia.

For example, with what knowledge or research are you able to support your claim that the AFAP/Civilair position is a "pack of lies"? To what extent is this different to the other lies about NAS (safer, proven, more simple, etc...) which you appear to support?

Have you considered the difference between Ayers Rock (not particularly relevant under NAS 2B?) and, say, 40DME BN at FL120 climbing, on descent or holding?

While I respect you for being an "outed" Pprune contributor (and most of us do not enjoy or cannot afford that privelege), I think most of your posts reflect a blinkered and doctrinaire approach to this subject, bereft of any evidence of rational deliberation or of research among the many highly qualified and experienced pilots who spend their working lives in our airspace. Perhaps you're more interested in the "balls to the wall" approach which, while perhaps amusing at the aero club bar at ten o'clock on a Friday night, frightens the bejeezus out of the rest of us.

Grow up, and act like a member of an organisation striving for industry credibility rather than an ill informed, belligerent, self-opinionated ****.