PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most memorable flight ..... ever! (Merged)
Old 24th Nov 2003, 21:55
IanH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An enjoyable thread to read !

My memories are :-

First Flight - In a RAF HS125 out of Northolt with circuits at Benson, it was handy being in the local ATC Squadron !

First Helicopter flight - In a RAF Whirlwind out of Northolt, I felt ill before we had even taken off !

Chipmunk flying.... Enough said already ... the most uncomfortable experience, I dont know how we were supposed to jump out of them in a hurry when it was near on impossible to get in them on the ground......

Being in a Virgin Viscount from Gatwick to Maastricht & back again, the crew let me stay in the cockpit from start to finish on the return sector, even though there wasnt a jump seat !

Being on board the last commercial flight of the Comet from Gatwick on the 9th November 1980, a very memorable take off and overshoots and I made my first appearance on the TV ! ( ITV news )

My one and only VC10 & B707 flights...... Classic planes !

Being in the back of a RAF Tristar over the North Sea watching the air to air refuelling of Harriers and an E3.......

Aerobatics in a Lynx Helicopter..........

and my highlight....... Having a hands on go at flying a Sea King...... I even landed it after bringing it into the hover !

I could go on...... but it looks like I have already !

IanH