PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson service and sense of responsibility - or lack of it
Old 18th May 2020, 01:37
Arnie Madsen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It appears the green undercoat has good adhesion .... looks like a vinyl-wash primer which is excellent over aluminum .... then the whole blade was painted white with the black and yellow over top of the white.

The bond failed between the primer and the white .... and I agree with what others have said .... the paint is most likely waterborne because of California regulations.

They are still sorting out water based paints in the automobile industry and it is the last thing I would use on a rotor blade .... not only that it has been applied way too thick .

IMRON Polyurethane is still the best aircraft paint , true plastic coating , flexible and glossy and shrugs off bugs better than anything else. A sufficient coat of white for coverage and gloss .... paint is heavy .... pick up a quart and consider how much weight it adds to a blade .... so use minimum when possible .... and if erosion protection is desired use extra on the black leading edge only.

I wish I was in Denmark , I would paint them for you