PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A New Age In T’s & C’s
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2020, 00:32
giggitygiggity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VinRouge
National ICU bed usage didnt exceed 60% in the UK. We were a long way off, plus, ICU capacity was significantly increased, probably one of the success stories from all of this. There were individual hospitals close to breaking, but thats why the military were ready on standby to fly cases to where capacity was available from the capital.
I feel like lockdown has really acted as a giant slap in the face to everyone (well, the VAST majority that are following it or trying thier best), basically that all of this really does matter and you should be concerned with hygiene, don't visit your gran, limit opportunity for the virus to spread. Obviously this effect will wain so after an easing, a step up of measures might have to happen to remind people of what's at stake. I've been clinical with it all over the last THREE months as I realise that if I dont do my best, I won't feel like I did everything I could if the worst comes and my job security comes into explicit question. I'm sure that principle (fear) guides a lot of us in other industries too.

I am now happy for restrictions to be eased as I think that in general, people have learned the lesson. I don't think that the government did things vaguely well initially but for me, Stay Alert is a sensible message at this point of time. Schools should certainly be going back with sensible measures and gentle steps. It does annoy me though, I am 32 and have a lot of teacher friends of the same age on facebook etc, so many of them seem publically outraged that they're being sent back into the breach when frankly I cant think of one who could really consider themselves as vunerable. I know they're working their asses off running classes from home, but that's only part of what education does and many parents bluntly don't give a crap.