PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2020, 19:00
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with it yes but I'm putting it out there because the opinions he espouses are not part of the state narrative and people need to be told what they have been forced into, does not even have unanimity among the scientific community - even though the government and the BBC would have us believe that.
The government has conflated science with policy. It has been presented as an absolute.
Real science like any field of research has to be tried and tested, methodologies need to be peer reviewed.....
''We are following the science'' say the government - no they are not - they are following the scientific beliefs of a small number of people who think they are right - but can't prove it. Where is the science in that? One of them believed it so much he went off to see his girlfriend against the rules he'd convinced people were life or death.

There is some scientific evidence to support distancing being effective at 1m - indoors (or in a plane). That is why it is the WHO's guidance distance (indoors). It is UK government policy to go for 2m unlike most other countries on earth. So 2m is a policy; not science. 2m distance outside is also policy not science. There is no science whatsoever to demonstrate any distancing outdoors. So the UK government has effectively painted itself into a corner and in doing so terrified a nation in to submission and run the economy off the end of a cliff. Because it has got 2m embedded in the system, they can't get themselves out of it without terrifying people even more.