PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2020, 08:35
vlieger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ZFT
I would suggest incredibly weak minded people who are quite happy to sit at home on benefits and hand outs. Take away these and the results and attitudes would be quite different!!
People like you shouting about "hand-outs" and "freedom" need to start putting a serious case about your alternative to a lockdown and furlough payments if you want to be taken seriously. Just send people to work in the middle of a pandemic and simply accept hundreds of thousands of deaths? Herd immunity without a vaccine in practice is social Darwinism: survival of the fittest.

Contributions like SotonFlightpath's above are much more useful. Yes, I am also a (furloughed) professional pilot and want to get back in the air ASAP. But some people need to get real, you can't just imagine everything is fine and dandy. I fear the UK government's inaction at the start is going to cost us all dearly. The Channel 4 documentary about how South Korea kept the whole thing under control is quite the eye-opener and only highlights how much we are in trouble in this country. Still lack of PPE, still no mass testing, contact tracing a farce, NHS app outsourced to one of the government's mates, etc.