PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I get a MacBook Air?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2020, 00:07
LanceHudson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by future_pilot_di
MacBook Air 2018 user here. Moving from a Mac pro 2012 (which in its fine right it was pretty bulky and heavy). So the move was a good one. Anyway, the laptop itself is a great little thing; very light, easy to carry around, and put into laptop bags. Reliable (so far), although the charger cable is beginning to go, 2 years in.

I generally tend to run different softwares on mine at the same time, and also run windows 10 on my mac Air via parallel. And I've yet noticed mine heating up, or making any noise from the fans, etc.

The only thing I'll fault my mac air is the keyboard. They sometimes can become a bit stiff (feeling as though there may be some dirt trapped beneath them). So some keys may become a bit hard to press. Although mine only does this with either the space key or the 0. Other than this, the keyboard is fine (although it does make a small amount of noise).

Other than that, theyre great little machines - I love mine to the bit. Actually thinking of upgrading the 2020 version (just to stay up to date).
Just about your keyboard: assuming it’s a 2018 Air, it is covered by Apples ‘keyboard service program’ for a free replacement if it becomes faulty (or sticky as you say). This is a known fault for these keyboards and I’ve had the issue fixed (twice!), for free, by Apple on my 2017 Pro. So it really is worth taking it in for repair if it bothers you.

OP: the 2019 Air includes a much better keyboard similar to the older MacBooks as you’d be used to.