PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thunderbird Diamond SoCal Emergency Breakaway
Old 16th May 2020, 19:00
misd-agin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Airbubba
I seriously doubt that any sightseeing was going on but it does appear that the T-birds maintain more social distancing in the diamond than the Blues in recent videos.
I flew several trips with a former Blue Angel. I was surprised when he said they get moments to look around. He said you know the profile and can grab quick glances away. It actually makes sense because it allows you a little break from the concentration. He mentioned that he saw a guy holding an outdoor tai chi class in downtown SFO during their show. He said it was kind of funny to think of the difference - a tai chi instructor ignored a modern fighter blasting by at 400+ kts.

The T-birds do look like they have more spacing than the Blues. To me it looks like the F-16 is a less stable platform to fly on the wing. One or two videos might be local conditions but it looks that way in a lot of the videos IMO. #6 looks a little spooked after he rejoined... :-0