PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continue Training
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2020, 09:37
Airgus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Continue part time

Whoever is considering training in aviation now, or finishing training now, it is doable.
If you are half way, now there is no longer a need to rush and to try to finish your training, you can slow down, get a side job or commence a back up career and in the meantime with the money you can save from the job you use it to fly once a week or per month, because you must continue in order to avoid losing what you have achieved so far.
If any of you want to start training now, it is totally fine just do not go crazy on betting houses on this market because it is not a good moment.
Having said what I mentioned before, flying training it is perfectly doable during crisis, what you can not do is to rely your bright future in only one volatile job/profession (pilot), hence you must try to continue flying parallel to your back up plan (a side job, a part time or full time and a career as a back up) there are plenty of degrees online that you can further grow and develop.
To build the flying hours it will take you longer, but at least they wont be a debt on your future. There are plenty of ways to build hours at a low cost. One of them can be glider towing for one summer season. The other options could be to take family members and friends for a flight during the weekend and you can pass your hat so they can chip in a bit (it works better when you pass your hat in cruise level and you tell them, guys I need to descend now, help me remember how).
Gliding is a wonderful way to start flying, it will help you as a therapeutic hobby for the rest of your life, it will teach you the real concept of flying and it will connect you with fellow pilots that may help you in the future either as towing gliders or assist you to put you in contact with the right person to get a job, gliding connect people (it takes two to tango, three to gliding).
In a year or two timeframe, you may be having 20k saved in your account, then you can go for IR, after few months/savings later, ME and CPL and once you see the light at the end of the tunnel, MCC and job interview preparation/sim. In 3 years you will have a stable job, a back up degree and a full license ready to jump to that very important pilot job when possible. If the industry does not recover, you keep your license valid and current.