PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2020, 09:13
AirportPlanner1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Expressflight
The trouble is the medical profession in Britain didn't "see this coming" in January. On Radio 4 this morning a doctor researching treatments for Covid-19 recalled a conversation with colleagues well into February in which they discussed 'this disease in China' and speculated that maybe it was a type of flu. He said that, at that time, none of them even considered it could be a threat in Britain. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but not constructive unfortunately.
I appreciate you’ve lost all respect for me because I expressed some facts - and I mean facts - about our Prime Minister that aren’t comfortable for his supporters which are evidently numerous in the Luton and Southend threads but this just isn’t true, or at least shouldn’t be true. I know the exact sequence of events and dates because I was caught up in it early on. It was clear by w/c 24/01 this was a major threat and other countries were taking action. The elephant in the room is what our Government and the media were completely pre-occupied with w/c 24/01, culminating in the evening of 31/01
and morning of 01/02. And where they were, the Prime Minister in particular, in the three critical weeks after that. The medical profession very much saw this coming and (hopefully) all will come out in a proper Public Inquiry. Hindsight sadly didn’t need to be required.

With regards to this thread Jet2 are all the worse for it.