PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to RAF
Thread: BA to RAF
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2020, 07:16
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
DB:-
Really not going to happen. You are grasping at straws if you think the MOD will consider anyone without previous.
Most pilots l know would not be able to pass army basic training. I could not run 1.5 miles in 10 min 30 now. I could do the CFT with 25kg and do 8 miles in under 2 hours. Not sure what the RAF one is but certainly less arduous.
You may well be right but it is up to the MOD to decide who, if anyone at all, that it will consider. If it is only interested in those with 'previous' what makes you think they are solely and uniquely presently with British Airways? If 'previous' is the starting point for consideration then BALPA should ensure that any of its members with 'previous' and who wish to be considered should be, no matter where they are now employed. I would suggest that it is BA pilots who are clutching at straws if they assume that because the BACC has this in hand then they should have first dibs at any jobs offered by the MOD. BALPA subs paid should entitle all its members to equal treatment. Will it?